Adapted from Spafinder.com
With nail salon services ranging from gel and acrylics to paraffin dips and nail art, there is something for everyone looking to care for or accentuate their hands and feet. Mani-Pedis are a fantastic gift idea for anyone who needs relaxation but doesn’t have a lot of time. They help ensure healthy nails, hands, and feet and are a fun way to change up your look.
Whether you just want basic grooming and polish or want to go all out with 3D art and gradients, manicures are an affordable gift for everyone – including yourself.
- First, select your polish. Whether you select a gel or a regular polish is up to you. Gels last up to two weeks and require you to go back to the nail salon to have them soaked off properly. A regular manicure will last up to a week.
- During a manicure at your local nail salon, you should expect that your nails are soaked in warm water to soften the cuticle, shaped using sanitized cuticle nippers, filed into a shape you choose, and then polished.
Pedicures are a fantastic gift idea for anyone looking for a quick fix, and healthy nails and feet are the cornerstones of spa culture. Your feet will be polished and massaged to pretty perfection, and you’ll leave a more relaxed and comfortable person.
- During a spa pedicure, you should expect your feet to be soaked in warm water and your nails to be cut and shaped.
- Your nail spa therapist will use a pumice stone to buff away dry skin and will follow up with exfoliation.
- Then, she will lather up with lotion for a massage of your feet and lower legs before toenails are polished.
- Many spa pedicures offer a paraffin wax treatment as an add-on service. This involves dipping both feet into melted paraffin wax in order to soften and moisturize the skin. Once the wax cools, it becomes hard and is wiped away. Remember to bring your flip-flops!
Vixen Nails and Spa in Milton, Ontario specializes in manicures and pedicures, and – not your typical nail salon – is liquor licenced, so you can enjoy a glass of wine (or champagne or mocktail) along with your treatment!