There has never been a better time to get into wellness and Global Wellness Day is the perfect date to start changing your life.
It all happens on June 11, 2022, when people from around the world ask the question, even just for a day, “How can I live a healthier and better life?”
ThinkMagenta is the theme for Global Wellness Day 2022, an idea that rises amidst the negativity in the world. To change your life – or at least begin to change your life – you first must change your mindset. If you’re in a dark room, you cannot open the door and throw the darkness out. You need to turn on a light in that room. So we give that light its color: Magenta.Global Wellness Day
In stressful, anxious, tense and negative moments, there is a very simple way to disperse the dark clouds:
- Stop what you’re doing and calm down.
- First, take a deep breath and exhale. One breath is enough.
- Afterwards immediately smile. Smile in spite of everything.
It’s that simple. You’ve already started to #ThinkMagenta.
Why We Celebrate Global Wellness Day
First celebrated in 2012, Global Wellness Day was established in Turkey as the “first” day dedicated to living well, and has now been accepted worldwide.
With the slogan “One day can change your whole life,” we celebrate Global Wellness Day on the second Saturday of June every year as an international day. Celebrations and free wellness events are held the world over.
The main aims of the day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
7 Step Manifesto
Global Wellness Day’s 7 Step Manifesto has changed the lives of millions around the world for the better. Those who started with small steps became able to implement all the suggestions over time. You too can start small and make a big difference in your life with patience and stability.
- Walk for an hour.
- Drink more water.
- Don’t use plastic bottles.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Do a good deed.
- Have a family dinner with your loved ones.
- Sleep at 10pm.
You don’t have to add these steps to your routine all at once. The idea is to do a few as often as you can – and we know you can do them!
On Saturday, June 11, 2022, Global Wellness Day will host a 3-hour free Livestream featuring world-renowned wellness experts. View the line-up and register at globalwellnessday.org/2022-livestream-celebration-of-wellness.